Join Marcelle's Newsletter
Subscribe now and get20% OFFon your first purchase.
Product was successfully added to your shopping cart.
Product was successfully added to your comparison list.
This Contest is open to legal residents of Canada who are of the age of majority or older in their province/territory. Contest is governed by Canadian law. Void where prohibited. No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
1. HOW TO ENTER: The #MarcelleDaretoBare contest (the “Contest”) sponsored by Groupe Marcelle Inc. (the “Sponsor”) begins at 12:00:01 (noon) PM Eastern Time (“ET”) on Friday, August 17, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on Thursday , September 13, 2018. Each week, Friday , August 17, 2018 to Thursday, August 23, 2018 (Week 1), Friday , August 24, 2018 to Thursday , August 30, 2018 (Week 2), Friday , August 31, 2018 to Thursday, September 6, 2018 (Week 3) and Friday, September 7, 2018 to Thursday, September 13, 2018 (Week 4) constitutes a new Entry Period (the “Entry Period”). Strategic Objectives Inc. (the “Administrator”) will administer the contest. The Administrator’s computer is the Contest official clock. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
Contest Entrants must (a) follow Marcelle Cosmetics on Instagram @marcellecosmetics during the Contest Period (Note: you can un-follow at any time after the Contest ends without impacting your chances of winning); (b) Post a photo to Entrants personal Instagram account profiling when/how the entrant feels their most beautiful (the “Post”); (c) answer Marcelle’s weekly #MarcelleDaretoBare question posted on @marcellecosmetics Instagram account on Week 1 (Friday, August 17, 2018 at 12:00 PM ET), Week 2 (Friday, August 24, 2018 at 12:00 PM ET), Week 3 (Friday, August 31, 2018 at 12:00 PM ET) and Week 4 (Friday, September 7, 2018 at 12:00 PM ET) in their Post caption; (d) tag @marcellecosmetics and use the hashtag #MarcelleDaretoBare, and; (e) “DARE” two (2) friends to take the challenge by tagging them in Entrants post caption. As such, you will receive one (1) entry into the Contest (each an “Entry” and collectively, the “Entries”).
Regramming or sharing the Post does not constitute a valid Entry. Sponsor reserves the right to assess entries for validity and disqualify invalid entriesAny person found to use multiple Instagram accounts to enter the Contest will be ineligible.
If Entrants participate via a wireless phone or mobile device, message and data rates may apply. Entrants should consult their wireless-service provider regarding its message and data pricing plans. By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to abide and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final, binding, and conclusive in all respects.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to: (a) legal residents of Canada, (b) who are of the age of majority or older in their province/territory of residence at the time of Entry, and (c) who are registered users of Instagram with an active, non-private Instagram account.
Persons in any of the following categories are NOT eligible to enter or win a prize: (a) officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and/or representatives of Sponsor and Administrator or their respective affiliates or related companies, advertising agencies, licensees, franchisees, partners, retailers, distributors and/or any party related to the Contest , and (b) persons who are in the immediate family of any person (including spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, grandchildren and/or “step” of each) in any of the preceding categories, regardless of where they live, and/or persons who reside in the same household, whether related or not, as any person in any of the preceding categories. All federal, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
By entering the Contest, each Entrant represents and warrants that they meet all other eligibility requirements and acknowledges that failure to meet all eligibility requirements will disqualify the Entrant from the Contest.
Any Entry that does not follow the format specified above in Section 1 (as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) will be not be eligible for this Contest.
When an Entrant is in accordance with these rules, he/she will be eligible to receive one (1) Entry in the random Prize draw. An Entry will be considered to be void if the Entry: (a) is not submitted and received during the Contest Period in accordance with these Official Rules; and/or (b) does not include the information required under these Rules in respect of the platform it is posted on, including without limitation the applicable handle tag to @marcellecosmetics and hashtag #MarcelleDareToBare; and/or (c) does not comply with the Instagram terms and conditions (as applicable); and/or (d) is not otherwise in accordance with these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the specific submission requirements listed in these Official Rules (all as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion). Any Entry that contains inappropriate content as determined by the Sponsor will be disqualified.
3. PRIZE: There are four (4) prizes available to be won during this Contest, each consisting of one (1) $500 CAD gift card to Marcelle.com. Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable, assignable or convertible to cash (except as may be specifically permitted by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion). No substitutions except at Sponsor’s option. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute the Prize or a component thereof with a prize of equal or greater retail value, including, without limitation, but at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, a cash award. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Total ARV of all prizes: $2,000 CAD
Winner is responsible for federal, provincial and local taxes as well as any costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance.
Sponsor will attempt to deliver the Prize one (1) time via ground transportation or other shipping method suitable for shipping the Prize, as deemed appropriate by the Sponsor. A signature may be required upon delivery and Prize Winner is responsible for ensuring an authorized person is able to sign for the delivery (the “Signatory”). Identification such as Government-issued photo ID of authorized signatory may be required to be presented at time of delivery. If Prize, or any component thereof, is damaged for any reason during shipping, Sponsor will coordinate with Prize Winner for the damaged Prize to be returned and will replace the Prize at no cost to the Prize Winner. Regardless of the situation, the Sponsor, its subsidiaries, suppliers of products, materials or services related to this Contest, and their respective employees, agents and representatives will not be required to award more prizes than that is provided for in these Official Rules or to award a prize other than in accordance with these Rules.
All eligible Entries are subject to verification. In the event of a dispute concerning the identity of an Entrant, the authorized account holder of the Instagram account submitted at the time of Entry will be deemed to be the Entrant. An “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the Instagram account by Instagram at the time of Entry. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor) to participate in this Contest. The Sponsor is not responsible for Entries that are not completed due to difficulties with Instagram or are deleted for any reason by Instagram. Entries with inappropriate content will be disqualified. The time of Entry will be determined by the time Entry is received by the Sponsor.
5. WINNER SELECTION AND ODDS OF WINNING: Four (4) Potential Prize Winners will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible Entries received during each Entry Period, to be conducted by the Administrator, on or about Friday, August 17, 2018 to Thursday, August 23, 2018 (Week 1), Friday, August 24, 2018 toThursday, August 30, 2018 (Week 2), Friday, August 31, 2018 to Thursday, September 6, 2018 (Week 3) and Friday, September 7, 2018 to Thursday, September 13, 2018 (Week 4) to be conducted by Administrator, on or aboutFriday, August 24, 2018 (Week 1), Friday, August 31, 2018 (Week 2), Friday, September 7, 2018 (Week 3) and Friday, September 14, 2018 (Week 4), at approximately 10:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) at 184 Front Street East, Suite 400, Toronto, Ontario M5A 4N3. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries submitted and received in accordance with these Official Rules during the Contest Period.
6. NOTIFICATION OF AND CONTACTING PRIZE WINNER: Potential Prize Winners will be notified by Sponsor via Instagram private message functionality (a “Direct Message”) on or around Friday, August 24, 2018 (Week 1), Friday, August 31, 2018 (Week 2), Friday, September 7, 2018 (Week 3) and Friday, September 14, 2018 (Week 4) that their Entry has been selected as the Potential Prize Winner. Potential Prize Winners will be required to confirm: (a) identity, and (b) full legal name, and (c) date of birth, and (d) country of residence, and (e) mailing address, and (g) telephone number (no P.O. Boxes permitted), and (f) email address in order to confirm their winner status and officially accept the Prize. Before being declared a Prize Winner, Potential Prize Winners will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid. Once an answer is received, Sponsor will send a reply via the Marcelle Cosmetics Instagram account to the Potential Prize Winners confirming their winner status and will fulfill the prize after confirmation.
Potential Prize Winners must respond to the initial Instagram Direct Message notification within four (4) business days, otherwise the Prize will be forfeited. If a potential Prize Winner is found to be ineligible, and/or not in compliance with these Official Rules, and/or declines to accept the prize, and/or is otherwise unreachable for any reason for a period of four (4) business days following the fist attempted notification, and/or the initial Direct Message is returned or undeliverable following the first attempted notification, the prize will be forfeited. If the prize is forfeited, analternate Prize Winner may be randomly selected from the remaining valid entries (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new eligible entrant). By accepting a Prize, Prize Winner represents that they have complied with these Official Rules. The Sponsor is not responsible and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential Prize Winner. All decisions of the contest Administrator are final. Each eligibile Entry will be verified to ensure Entry complies with the Contest Rules before being officially declared the Prize Winner.
The Sponsor’s decisions are final with respect to all matters relating to the Contest.
8. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES: Eligible Entrants represent and warrant the following: (a) they are the original author and sole owner of or has rights to any and all Entry materials posted, uploaded, or otherwise submitted, and (b) the Entry will not, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, infringe any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or violate any third party rights of publicity or privacy, and (c) that the Entry is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim, and (d) that the Entry material is not obscene, offensive, libellous, pornographic, threatening, abusive, contains illegal conent, or is otherwise objectionable, as determined by the Sponsor, that would constitute or encourage a criminal offence, or that would otherwise give rise to liability or violate any law.
9. LIMITED LIABILITY: Entries may only be made according to the methods described above. Every Entry must be manually key-stroked by Entrant. Automated Entries (including, but not limited to Entries submitted using any bot, script, macro, or promotion service), copies, third party Entries, facsimiles and/or mechanical reproductions are not permitted and will be disqualified.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By entering the Contest, participants agree that they have read and understand these Official Rules and Regulations, that they meet the contest eligibility requirements and that they agree to comply with and abide by the official Contest rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and the Administrator.
By entering the Contest, all Contest entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, Instagram, and their respective parents, affiliates or related companies, subsidiaries, licensees, franchisees, partners, retailers, distributors and advertising and promotion agencies and any other interveners related to the Contest and all of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, representatives and agents, and successors and assigns (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all claims, cause of action, or liability, including, without limitation, any injury, death or damage to or loss of property, resulting from the participation in the Contest, including but not limited to, the entry process or participation in the Contest or acceptance, use or misuse of any Prize.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, misdirected, undelivered, delayed, misdirected, illegible, garbled or damaged entries, prize claims, email or mail; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries or prize claims, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to Entrants’ or to any other person’s computer or mobile/tablet device related to or resulting from participating in this Contest. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Contest or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void.
If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, extensive negative publicity or media attention, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor, which corrupts or affects the administration or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest or any element thereof, subject to the prior approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (“Régie”) with respect to residents of Quebec. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Contest or any element thereof (including, without limitation, these Official Rules) without notice in any manner and for any reason (including, without limitation, in the event of any unanticipated occurrence that is not fully addressed in these Official Rules), subject to the prior approval of the Régie with respect to residents of Quebec. Notice of such cancellation, modification, or suspension will be posted on the Marcelle Cosmetics Instagram account. If terminated for any reason at any time prior to the end of the Contest Period, Sponsor may, at its discretion, award the Prize Winner from among all non-suspect, valid, eligible entries received up to time of such action in a random drawing. If a technical failure or disturbance occurs and entry is terminated midway through or at any time prior to the end of the Contest Period, all non-suspect, valid, eligible entries received through that point will be included in a random drawing for the Contest Prize. Entrants, by participating, agree that Released Parties will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by Entrants against, any liability, for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death, to persons, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of Prize or participation in this Contest.
All Entries are subject to verification. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in this Contest. Failure to provide such proof in a timely manner may result in disqualification.
When providing content for the contest, you grant the Sponsor a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works, from, distribute, and display what you have submitted throughout the world in any media. You also grant the Sponsor the right to use the name you submit with the content, if any. Submissions and other content posted on the Sponsor’s Instagram Page reflect the opinions of the contest participants and in no way reflect the opinion of the Sponsor. The Sponsor does not guarantee the accuracy or reliability of any information provided on the Instagram Page. The Sponsor makes no representation or warranty with respect to the Instagram Page and assumes no liability for incorrect product information, mistakes, misinformation, falsehoods, profanity, obscenity, or other inappropriate material posted by any contest participant.
This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. You are providing your information to the Sponsor and not to Instagram. Instagram is completely released of all liability from each entrant in this contest. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the contest must be directed to the Sponsor and not Instagram. The information you provide will only be used for contest administration.
This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and regulations. The Sponsor reserves the right, subject to approval by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, to cancel or amend this Contest at any time.
Quebec residents please note: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity Contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling.
Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
11. DISPUTES: This Contest is governed by the laws of Quebec, Canada and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and regulations.
12. WINNERS LIST: For official Winners List, send a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope postmarked by October 11, 2018 to: “#MarcelleDaretoBare Contest” Winners List request. Groupe Marcelle Inc., 5600 Côte-De-Liesse, Ville Mont-Royal, Québec, H4T 4L
13. OFFICIAL RULES: For mailed copy of the Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope postmarked by October 11, 2018 to: “#MarcelleDaretoBare Contest” Official Rules request, Groupe Marcelle Inc., 5600 Côte-De-Liesse, Ville Mont-Royal, Québec, H4T 4L
14. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Contest is: Groupe Marcelle Inc., 5600 Côte-De-Liesse, Ville Mont-Royal, Québec, H4T 4L1. The Administrator is: Strategic Objectives Inc., 184 Front Street East, Suite 400, Toronto, Ontario, M5A 4N3. Instagram is a trademark or a registered trademark of Instagram, Inc.