Posted on 23/02/2011 by Rae Chen
Hello, beautiful! What’s the weather like where you are? Because where I am, it’s freezing. The temperature’s actually not that bad, but it’s literally the freezing that’s the problem - ice & icicles everywhere.
So I figure - when life gives you lemons, make lemonade, right? Unfortunately, there’s no fun in simply swiping on some ice-white eyeshadow (it’s pretty, sure, but not all that interesting), so I ended up reinterpreting the icicles in the most pretentious way possible. (Kidding. Sort of.) So: winged shadow for the icicles, and blue for the cold of winter!
- To get the eyes in this look, start with the Blue Moon Wet & Dry Eye Shadow Quad. Using the small end of the applicator (or a flat shader brush), apply the darkest blue to the outer 2/3 your lids, flicking the shape upwards at the end of the lid.
- Next, apply the white from Blue Moon to your inner corners.
- To blend the inner corner and outer 2/3 together, pat Wet & Dry Eye Shadow in Cabaret in the gap between them, buffing the shades together lightly. Either of the mid-toned shades in Blue Moon could do this as well, but I’m partial to the depth of Cabaret ;)
- Add a quick swipe of mascara and/or some false lashes, then line your eyes with Kohl Eyeliner in Soft Black.
- If needed, finish with a simple clean-up: grab a cotton bud soaked in Essentials Soothing Cleansing Water to sharpen the edges of your eye shadow and whisk away any fall-out.
- For a smooth, even base, apply and blend a thin coat of True Radiance SPF 15 Make-Up. (Yes, sun protection’s important in the winter, too!) If you have oilier skin, dust lightly with Pressed Powder for a more matte finish and longer wear.
- To add a bit of colour to your complexion, pop a bit of Velvety Powder Blush onto the apples of your cheeks. I love using Dust in the winter - it looks really natural, but at the same time, is bright enough to brighten up my winter pallor.
I always do my lips last, but I couldn’t pick just one colour today. Instead, I tried out two different lip looks try out - one more natural, and one more bold. Both shades are Rouge Xpression lipsticks, but the natural one is a cream finish (700 Enchantment) and the more bold lip is a pearl finish (851 Obsession).
I’d personally wear Enchantment (top of post) out for the night, but if you’re bold enough, Obsession (below) is a stunner!
Stay warm, lovelies! xoxo
This post was posted in Bloggers, Make-over, Makeup Trends and was tagged with beauty, Beauty blogger, blog, Canadian beauty blog, Canadian Beauty Blogger, Canadian blogger, colour, cosmetics, eye make-up, eye makeup, eyeliner, lemonade, liquid eyeliner, look, Lux Liquid Eyeliner, Lux Metallic Liquid eyeliner, make-over, make-up, make-up how to, makeup tutorial, Marcelle, Marcelle Cosmetics, Marcelle Make-up, Marcelle makeup, metallic eyeliner, obsession, purple, Rae, red, red lips, SPF 15, SPF15, tutorial, winged, winged eyeliner, winged liner
Posted on 25/01/2011 by isabelp
Does your skin feel dry, parched or taut to the touch? Do you notice flakes on the inside of your socks when you get undressed at night? It’s when winter is halfway through that our skin seems to be the driest. How can you help your skin beat the cold and remain properly hydrated and comfortable? How does the weather affect our skin? First, the cold air and wind are aggressions to our skin. Skin is impermeable but still affected by cold and does not offer much natural resistance to it. Dressing up warmly is also prevention for arthritis. Keep those articulations warm and protected. Winter is a reminder to better care for ourselves.
This post was posted in Skin Care and was tagged with age, arthritis, balm, beauty, beauty tip, Canadian blogger, chapped lips, classic, Climatik, cold, cosmetics, dry skin, epidermis, Essentials, exfoliation, eye contour moisturizer, eye moisturizer, eyeliner, face moisturizer, facial moisturizer, flaky skin, flawless face, hair, heating pad, Heil, humidifier, Isabel, Isabel P. Picard, Isabel Picard, itchy skin, jenn heil, Jennifer Heil, lip balm, lip gloss, lipcolour, lipgloss, lipidic barrier, lipids, lips, lipstick, Magic Bag, Marcelle, Marcelle Cosmetics, mineral oil, moisturizer, nails, olive oil, parched skin, protection, purchase tip, rosacea, shea butter, skin, skin ageing, skin aging, skin care, skin protection, snow, SPF 15, SPF 30, SPF15, SPF30, static electricity, sun, sun damage, sun protection, UV damage, UV rays, weather, wind, wind protection, winter skin
Posted on 19/01/2011 by isabelp
"Less is more". A style that's been trending for a while already (and still present on Fall 2011 runways) is the nude look. Does the nude look mean that we should go out bare faced in the world? Absolutely not! (And I'm totally speaking for myself here). Some dark circles (a.k.a., mine) should never be visible to others. Some days, we are feeling extraverted, colourful and expressive and we just want to layer multiple colours on our lids and lips. On other days, we feel nude and neutral and rapidly want to get it on and be on our way. This classic look is simple to do, makes us feel prettied up and yet, not entirely made-over. Perhaps not the nude look however; it's a flawless look!
This post was posted in Make-over, Makeup Trends and was tagged with 2011 runways, 2011 trends, Arezu, au naturel, beauty, beauty look, beauty tip, beauty trends, Canadian beauty blog, Canadian Beauty Blogger, Canadian blogger, Chica De Belleza, classic, colour, concealer, corrector, cosmetics, easy, easy make-up, easy makeup, Essentials, eye definition, eye pencil, eye shadow, eyeliner, fashion, flawless face, flawless make-up, flawless makeup; flawless complexion, foundation, how to, how to look, how to pick the perfect foundation for you, Isabel, Isabel P. Picard, Isabel Picard, lengthening mascara, lip gloss, lipcolour, lipgloss, lips, lipstick, long lashes, look, make-over, make-up, make-up tip, makeover, makeup, makeup essentials, makeup tip, makeup trends, Marcelle, Marcelle Cosmetics, mascara, mineral, mineral eye shadow, natural, natural look, nude look, playa, pretty, productive, purchase tip, Revolution, Rouge Expression, Rouge Expression Lipstick, Rouge Xpression, Rouge Xpression Lipstick, seperate lashes, SPF 15, SPF15, tinted moisturizer, tutorial, video how to, video tutorial, Volume Precision Mascara