New Year, New Take on Winged Liner
What new take? Outlining, of course! I’ve been completely in love with Indigo (that lovely blue liner shade) recently, so I wanted to use it in a look -- but I also wanted to work in some glitter. In the end, I suppose I just figured, “why choose?”
Read on for some more photos, and to find out how to create this look in just five steps!
1. To start off this look, begin with your base. Apply an even layer of foundation, blending it down your neck, and make sure to set it with powder to help it last through the night. I love the Pressed Powder, because it’s perfect for touch-ups while you’re out.
2. The base for the eyes is really simple; just sweep a Wet & Dry Eye Shadow in Champagne Bubble over the whole lid. It’s pretty sheer, so it gives a great “my lids but better” finish.
3. Now the fun stuff! Line your eyes with a Waterproof Eyeliner in Indigo, making the line thinner as you get closer to your inner corners, and thicker toward the wing on the outer corner. Then, outline the line (and the bottom side of the wing) with the Lux Diamond Liquid Eyeliner in Pure Gold.
4. To finish the eyes (I told you they were easy!) add a coat of mascara. I used Power Volume Mascara in Black, but any shade goes.
5. Finally, sweep a bit of Bronzing Pressed Powder in Bronze Celebration in a “3” down your profile to add definition and contour, then finish with a touch of Lux Gloss in Whisper for your lips.
Happy New Year’s, everyone. Hope 2010 didn’t treat you too badly, and that 2011 is even better :) xo
This post was posted in Bloggers, Make-over, Makeup Trends and was tagged with beauty, Beauty blogger, beauty trends, bronzer, Canadian Beauty Blogger, cosmetics, diamond, diamonds, eye make-up, eye makeup, glitter, how to, how to liquid eyeliner, Indigo, liquid eyeliner, Lux Diamond Liquid Eyeliner, make-over, make-up how to, make-up tutorial, makeover, makeup how to, makeup trends, makeup tutorial, Marcelle, Marcelle Cosmetics, Marcelle Make-up, Marcelle makeup, Rae, Rae Chen, tutorial, waterproof eyeliner, waterproof pencil, winged, winged liner