Monthly Archives: February 2011
Posted on 25/02/2011 by isabelpA short while ago, I was attending a conference filled with mom bloggers in the audience. One of them came to me and recognized me from my Twitter picture. Everyone gets their 3 seconds of fame, right? I assume this was mine. Nevertheless, we started chit chatting and she discovered I was there representing Marcelle. She obviously knew the brand and she's a cosmetic lover! The first minute I engaged in a conversation with Fedwa, what struck me was her utmost feminity. She exudes womanliness. Mother, lover, and shoe-aholic, she has a contagious smile that turns into a laughter that has the exact same effect. Easy to talk to, she enjoys life, remained very close to her inner child as she developed into a woman, and is absolutely great company. This lady is irresistible! She's also a businesswoman.
This post was posted in Beauty Trends, Just For Fun! and was tagged with #défifashionista, accessories, beauty, Beauty blogger, Canadian blogger, Catherine Laniel, challenge, colour cosmetics, cosmetics, Danisha, Danishaz, fashion, fashionista, Fashionista challenge, Fedwa Lahlou, Isabel, Isabel P. Picard, Isabel Picard, Julia C. Vona, La vie tout simplement, Lahlouf, look, Ludovic Leroy, make-up artist, makeover, makeup artist, Marcelle, Marcelle Cosmetics, Marcelle Make-up, Marcelle makeup, Marrocan, MUA, Twitter
Posted on 23/02/2011 by Rae Chen
Hello, beautiful! What’s the weather like where you are? Because where I am, it’s freezing. The temperature’s actually not that bad, but it’s literally the freezing that’s the problem - ice & icicles everywhere.
So I figure - when life gives you lemons, make lemonade, right? Unfortunately, there’s no fun in simply swiping on some ice-white eyeshadow (it’s pretty, sure, but not all that interesting), so I ended up reinterpreting the icicles in the most pretentious way possible. (Kidding. Sort of.) So: winged shadow for the icicles, and blue for the cold of winter!
- To get the eyes in this look, start with the Blue Moon Wet & Dry Eye Shadow Quad. Using the small end of the applicator (or a flat shader brush), apply the darkest blue to the outer 2/3 your lids, flicking the shape upwards at the end of the lid.
- Next, apply the white from Blue Moon to your inner corners.
- To blend the inner corner and outer 2/3 together, pat Wet & Dry Eye Shadow in Cabaret in the gap between them, buffing the shades together lightly. Either of the mid-toned shades in Blue Moon could do this as well, but I’m partial to the depth of Cabaret ;)
- Add a quick swipe of mascara and/or some false lashes, then line your eyes with Kohl Eyeliner in Soft Black.
- If needed, finish with a simple clean-up: grab a cotton bud soaked in Essentials Soothing Cleansing Water to sharpen the edges of your eye shadow and whisk away any fall-out.
- For a smooth, even base, apply and blend a thin coat of True Radiance SPF 15 Make-Up. (Yes, sun protection’s important in the winter, too!) If you have oilier skin, dust lightly with Pressed Powder for a more matte finish and longer wear.
- To add a bit of colour to your complexion, pop a bit of Velvety Powder Blush onto the apples of your cheeks. I love using Dust in the winter - it looks really natural, but at the same time, is bright enough to brighten up my winter pallor.
I always do my lips last, but I couldn’t pick just one colour today. Instead, I tried out two different lip looks try out - one more natural, and one more bold. Both shades are Rouge Xpression lipsticks, but the natural one is a cream finish (700 Enchantment) and the more bold lip is a pearl finish (851 Obsession).
I’d personally wear Enchantment (top of post) out for the night, but if you’re bold enough, Obsession (below) is a stunner!
Stay warm, lovelies! xoxo
This post was posted in Bloggers, Make-over, Makeup Trends and was tagged with beauty, Beauty blogger, blog, Canadian beauty blog, Canadian Beauty Blogger, Canadian blogger, colour, cosmetics, eye make-up, eye makeup, eyeliner, lemonade, liquid eyeliner, look, Lux Liquid Eyeliner, Lux Metallic Liquid eyeliner, make-over, make-up, make-up how to, makeup tutorial, Marcelle, Marcelle Cosmetics, Marcelle Make-up, Marcelle makeup, metallic eyeliner, obsession, purple, Rae, red, red lips, SPF 15, SPF15, tutorial, winged, winged eyeliner, winged liner
Posted on 03/02/2011 by isabelpPorcelain dolls. Pure, innocent, girly and rosy cheeks; fragile almost. There is something dreamy and romantic about porcelain dolls. Perhaps it's in the softness of the colours or the imaginary stories that we create when we hold them dearly as a child. To be precious, fancy, feminine, poised and soft on the eyes is part of romanticism.To celebrate the arrival of spring season and the pastel softness it brings to mind, Marcelle launches two new face products: The Multi-Colour Face Powder - Luminous Veil and Multi-Colour Powder Blush - Pink Fusion.
This post was posted in Beauty Trends, Make-over, Makeup Trends and was tagged with beauty, blue eye shadow, blue eyeshadow, blush, cheeks, child, complexion, cosmetics, décolleté, dolls, eyeliner; eye pencil, flawless complexion, flawless face, how to, lipgloss, lips, luminous, luminous complexion, luminous veil, make-up how to, make-up tutorial, makeover, makeup how to, makeup tutorial, Marcelle, Marcelle Cosmetics, Marcelle Make-up, Marcelle makeup, Marcelle products, nights out, pink cheeks, porcelain doll, romantic, romantic look, rosy chheks, rouge, soft lips, stories, tutorial, video, video tutorial, waterproof eyeliner, waterproof pencil